Why should I choose Rooster Proofreading?
We know you have a lot of choice when it comes to editing and proofreading services. In fact, our senior editor had a distinguished career working for both Scribbr and Cambridge Proofreading before setting up Rooster Proofreading. You can therefore be confident that your document will be edited to the same professional standards as these larger firms, but by choosing us you are choosing a small, dynamic, independent business. We do not have a large administrative team or expensive advertising budget, which means we can keep our prices competitive. Rooster Proofreading offers quality and value for your money.
What will Rooster Proofreading do for me?
- fix all errors and inconsistencies in grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- ensure the tone of your writing is sufficiently academic;
- eliminate redundant, repetitive, vague and informal language;
- improve word choice, ensuring the words used are appropriate and precise;
- increase clarity of expression so that your intended meaning is clear;
- ensure the standard of your written English is the same as that of a native speaker.
What will Rooster Proofreading NOT do for me?
- We will not make material changes to the content of your work. We help you to express yourself, while remaining faithful to your intended meaning. This means that we will not correct your thinking, add new ideas, or make connections between ideas that are not present in the original work.
- We will not fix formatting and citation issues, and we will not check your references. Rooster Proofreading exists to address language issues.
- We will not edit documents that appear to include any plagiarized text. We do not wish to encourage or assist with plagiarism.
How much does it cost?
The cost is calculated based on the number of words in your document, and it also depends on how quickly you would like your document to be returned to you. Get an instant quote here.
How does it work?
To place an order, just fill in the secure payment form and upload your document here. Your editor will return the edited document to you by email before the specified deadline. We use Tracked Changes and Comments in MS Word, and you should review all the changes before accepting or rejecting them. Don’t worry if you’ve never used these tools before; we’ll send simple instructions with your returned document.
Can I see an example?
Yes! You can find one here.
What is the difference between editing and proofreading?
A proofreader corrects errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as checking for inconsistencies. An editor’s job is to improve the text’s style, tone and readability by making more extensive and significant changes to sentence structure and word choice. Our editing and proofreading service includes both these aspects, improving your writing as well as removing errors. Of course, if you have a piece of writing that is already polished (like a journal article that has been accepted for publication) and you would simply like us to proofread it for errors and inconsistencies, we can do this – just use the Comments box on the order form to let us know your requirements.
Why are you called Rooster?
Our founder, Dorothy, was born in the Chinese year of the rooster. Roosters are renowned for being hardworking, faithful and punctual. These qualities give us our guiding principles: we work hard to improve your writing, while remaining faithful to your intended meaning, and we never miss a deadline.
I have a question that is not answered here.
We’d love to hear from you! Just contact us, and we’ll be happy to answer your question.